Saturday, July 26, 2008

DIY: Cell Phone & iPod Dock Version 2

I recently bought a new cell phone, an Asian market Samsung u100. It's thin, it's beautiful, and it doesn't do a whole lot more than make calls. It has to be the best phone for people who want to leave computing to their computers, and phone calls to their cell phones.


The best part about it? It's 5.9 millimeters thin (thinnest in the world currently) and so light that you forget its in your pocket. I think I'll love this phone forever... that is until they make one smaller. But there's a slight problem, what to do with my old DIY electronics dock? Well, it was a quiet Saturday, so I found myself sitting in my living room,tinkering around with the chest of Legos that I still have from early childhood.


The final result is a sleeker dock. It looks so happy.



From the side view, you can see the new hinge I added on the back. It swings closed to secure the phone charger plug when not in use for a much neater and organized look. It seems there's little you can't do with Legos. Except maybe eat them. And even there I'm not so sure

No comments: