Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DIY: Cell Phone & iPod Dock

I am a firm believer of order and structure. Add one part DIY and two parts Legos, and you get the DIY electronics dock. Really, this was just me sitting around one day thinking that it'd be nice to have an actual place to put my electronics when I get home from work. Ten minutes later, I had lugged out my chest of Legos (I keep telling myself that I'm going to give it to my kids one day, but who am I kidding... I need little goading to bust them out again), and two hours later, I had made this:


It's nothing particularly special, just a sleek designated area for my stuff to go. The left side is for my cell. It's actually very practical considering that when I plug it in, it's facing me like a clock (I don't have one in my room). The right side is just a glorified mount for my newly modded shuffle. Nothing to it! Never underestimate the power of Legos.

No comments: