Sunday, July 27, 2008

Celebrity Trees: Chapter 02

Let's get right into it. When I first saw Kip Pardue playing Sunshine in Remember the Titans, I could have sworn he must have been Kim Basinger's son. Mainly, I see their connection in the eyes. There's a lot of leeway between a mother and son pair, but if I saw them in a film together, I'd never question it.


Next up are Kiefer Sutherland and Peter Sarsgaard. These guys look close enough that a lot of casual viewers actually confuse the two. A close inspection reveals that they actually look quite different, but their overall head shape, passably similar eyes, and near idential jaw/mouth structures still make for a great brother pairing.


This last one is almost painfully obvious, but Helen Hunt and Leelee Sobieski seem born to play family. The interesting thing is, they actually don't look as much like each other as people remember, but their eyebrows and unique nose shapes are spot on, and the rest is close enough. Taking the level of discrepancy into account, a mother-daughter match seems most likely.

2 comments:

Trihardist said...

Leelee Sobieski and Jodie Fisher, I think.

slimpanther said...

I think you mean Jodie Foster... and yes, there is a link there too... just not as strong. Jodie and Leelee have the same eyes and mouth, but Helen and Leelee's nose and eyebrows beat it out by ever so little. I almost went with a triple selection on this one, and decided that I couldn't figure out a way to explain how Leelee genetically inherits different traits from two women, short of some very expensive, experimental IV procedure. Although I suppose it's definitely possible...