Monday, August 11, 2008

Law of Averages: Mini Hummer

Here's the start of a new series topic. Simply put, it's all about noticing the amusing connections in life. If you know what the Law of Averages actually is, you'll realize that it's not technically appropriate, but heck, it sounds awesome. So here we go.


Have you ever looked at a Mini Cooper? I know I have. It's like my dream car. It's small, it's sporty, and overflowing with personality.


Have you ever looked at a Hummer? Well... a new Hummer? Yeah. It's like... the opposite of my dream car. It's pretty much everything that I don't want in a mode of transportation. Not to mention that I could also do without the H2 sized hole in my gas budget.

So I'm wondering who's bright idea it was to take these two polar opposites and cram them into a new, and rather bizarre concoction. Regardless, someone's done it. Behold:


Witness the confusion that is the FJ Cruiser. This thing has identity crisis written all over it. It's like it wants to be the big car on the block, but still desperately seeks the approval of a certain British subcompact. Talk about trying to keep your wheels in two lanes at once. Pity it. For it knows not how ridiculous it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in debate whether this matches Honda's Element level of eye-sore... Anywho, funky smashing opposites together. I know Scoops makes it work!